Are you new to West Coast Swing? Do you want to review the basics? Do you want to learn a new role? Then this is the class for you!
West Coast Swing is a fun, social dance that’s perfect for a wide range of music from artists like Ed Sheeran, Michael Jackson, Keb’ Mo’, Billie Eilish, Aretha Franklin, Charlie Puth, and Selena Gomez.
No previous dance experience is required, and you don’t need to register with a partner — we rotate during class.
You’ll learn basic 6- and 8-count moves, such as the sugar push, left and right side passes, tucks, and the basic whip — everything you need to get out on the dance floor.
Instructors: Crystal and Michael Guzman
You must pre-register online; there will be no walk-in registrations or ticket sales. Online registration closes at 11:00am on 5/14.
Saturday, May 14
12:45pm – Check-in opens (please arrive early!)
1:00-3:00pm – Introduction to West Coast Swing
7:00-8:00pm – Pre-Social Dance Lesson (all levels; will include other dancers attending the evening events)
8:00-10:00pm – Social Dance
Sunday, May 15
1:00-3:00pm – Final Bootcamp Session
- Non-members: If you are new to the club or your membership has expired, the bootcamp is $75, plus applicable fees. This includes a one-year membership ($25) which entitles you to discounts at all our weekly and monthly dances.
- Students: $55, plus applicable fees, which includes the same one-year membership as above.
- Members: $50, plus applicable fees.
Registration is limited to 20 students, so don’t delay!
About the Instructors
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination (Including Booster) & Masks Required
You must show proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination to attend. At the door, you will be required to show:
- A COVID-19 vaccination card with your final initial series dose two weeks prior to the date of the dance or earlier. Additionally, you must have received a booster dose if eligible. A legible picture of your vaccination card is acceptable.
- A photo ID to match identity with the vaccination record card.
If you cannot produce these, you will not be allowed into the bootcamp or dance.
Masks are required due to current conditions. Please see MWCSC’s COVID-19 policy for full details on these policies, including when MWCSC will and will not require face masks at events.
Building & Parking Information
- The street entrance to MYArts is on the corner of E. Mifflin Street and N. Ingersoll Street.
- Daytime classes will be in Room 4C and the Saturday evening portions will be in 4D. A club volunteer will be stationed at the front desk in the lobby to check-in and direct dancers.
- On-street parking is free.
- There is a parking garage in the building that costs $2/hr and has interior access to MYArts. Access the garage from N. Ingersoll Street.