Are you new to West Coast Swing? Do you want to review the basics? Do you want to learn a new role? Then this is the class for you!
West Coast Swing is a fun, social dance that’s perfect for a wide range of music from artists like Ed Sheeran, Michael Jackson, Keb’ Mo’, Billie Eilish, Aretha Franklin, Charlie Puth, and Selena Gomez.
No previous dance experience is required, and you don’t need to register with a partner — we rotate during class.
You’ll learn basic 6- and 8-count moves, such as the sugar push, left and right side passes, tucks, and the basic whip — everything you need to get out on the dance floor.
Saturday, February 10
3:15pm – Check-in opens (please arrive early!)
3:30-5:30pm – Beginner Lessons
5:30-7:00pm – Pizza dinner (optional, additional $10 + fees)
7:00-8:00pm – Beginner Lesson
8:00-10:30pm – Social Dance
Sunday, February 11
9:45am – Check-in opens (please arrive early!)
10:00am-12:00pm – Beginner Lessons
Registration & Pricing
You can sign up & pay at the bottom of this page or pay with cash/check upon arrival or at a club event prior to the event weekend. Registration is limited to 20 attendees, so don’t delay! (Attendance limit does not apply to Saturday evening social dance.)
- Non-members: If you are new to the club or your membership has expired, the bootcamp is $75, plus applicable fees. This includes a one-year membership ($25) which entitles you to discounts at all our weekly and monthly dances.
- Students: $55, plus applicable fees, which includes the same one-year membership as above.
- Members: $50, plus applicable fees.
Tickets will be available for purchase on-site, if the capacity limit has not yet been met. If you are planning to pay at the door, please check the registration section below first to see how many passes remain. This event usually sells out well in advance. Preregistration is strongly recommended in order to prevent disappointment!
All registrants must agree to our event liability waiver when purchasing a ticket. Cancellation/refund information can be found here.
Note that the price will increase by $10 after the early bird deadline.
Since workshops are very close to dinner time, you can add on to join a pizza dinner at MYArts between the afternoon workshops and the evening social dance for an additional $10, plus applicable fees. You’re also welcome to bring your own food and join the rest of the group during this time.
If you are not feeling well or have a suspected COVID-19 exposure the day of the event, please stay home and come to dance another day. Should this happen to you, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund or transfer. Full cancellation/refund information can be found here. MWCSC will not admit anyone to the event who appears to be ill.
Building & Parking Information
- The street entrance to MYArts is on the corner of E. Mifflin Street and N. Ingersoll Street.
- The bootcamp classes will be in Room 4C and the Saturday evening dance will be in 4D. A club volunteer will be stationed at the front desk in the lobby to check-in and direct dancers.
- On-street parking is free, but please check signage for time limitations.
- There is a parking garage in the building that costs $2/hr and has interior access to MYArts. Access the garage from N. Ingersoll Street.
- NOTE: Some evenings, particularly in the summer, there are large events (sports and festivals) happening at Breese Stevens Field next to MYArts. Street parking may be difficult, and most parking lots in the area incur higher special-event parking fees. However, the parking garage attached to MYArts does not offer event parking and is still open to MYArts event attendees. There will likely be an attendant at the parking lot entrance turning away Breese Stevens event-goers, but if you tell them you are going to an event in MYArts, they will let you park there.