From the newest newcomer to a seasoned veteran, the Madison West Coast Swing Club offers lessons to learn and grow at west coast swing. No matter your level or dance goals, you’ll find a learning opportunity with us.
Lessons currently offered:
- Beginner Bootcamp: For new dancers. If you’re new to dancing west coast swing, if you want to brush up on basics, or if you want to learn a new role, this is the class for you! The bootcamp is held over a single weekend rather than multiple weeknights.
- Monthly Pre-Dance Lesson: Every monthly dance, we offer two workshops: one for dancers with some experience, taught by a guest instructor, and one “crash course” for beginners, taught by a club member. Anyone can benefit from one of these two lessons. Occasionally the two lessons may be replaced by one single lesson aimed at beginners. Months with a Beginner Bootcamp will not have the crash course.
- Weekly Drop-in Lessons: For anyone with some basic west coast swing experience. Drop in before a weekly dance to learn a cool pattern or technique, or to ask questions from an experienced dancer.
Lessons currently suspended and returning in the future:
- Beginner Lesson Series: For new dancers. If you’re new to dancing west coast swing, if you want to brush up on basics, or learn a new role, this is the series for you!
- Beginner 2 Lesson Series: For dancers with a little experience. If you’re comfortable with the beginner series content and want to take the next step, sign up for beginner 2!
- Continuing Lesson Series: For dancers with a lot of west coast swing experience. Dive deep into advanced techniques, patterns, and lead/follow skills! If you’re ready to push yourself, sign up for the continuing lesson series.
In addition to our regular lessons, the Madison West Coast Swing Club occasionally hosts workshop events over a single day or a weekend. Stay tuned for the next events from the Madison West Coast Swing Club.