West Coast Swing Champion Dancer and Fantastic Instructor Doug Rousar is coming to Madison October 8 and 9!
With nearly 25 years in the West Coast Swing community, Doug’s expertise is affluent in many roles; Teacher, Coach, Choreographer, Event Director, Producer, MC, Judge, Contest Coordinator, Contest Administrator and Consultant. Not only did he pursue a Music Education Degree, Doug is also a certified teacher and certified judge of WCS. He currently competes at the Champion level and has won numerous WCS awards and titles, including US Open Champion in the Teams Division. As an innovator and ambassador of WCS he is known for some of the most unique and creative events and contests, one of which is the popular Tournament Style J&J. “If it’s not fun, it’s not worth it” – Doug Rousar
Madison West Coast Swing Club is excited to bring Doug back to teach 5 workshops and join our Saturday night social dance. The workshops are geared for those with West Coast Swing experience.
Instructor: Doug Rousar
Dates: Oct 8 & 9, 2022
Saturday, October 8
12:45pm – Check-in opens (please arrive early!)
1:00-3:00pm – Intermediate Workshops
7:00-8:00pm – Pre-Social Dance Workshop (larger format to include additional evening attendees)
8:00-10:00pm – Social Dance
Sunday, October 9
12:00-2:00pm – Intermediate Workshops
Registration & Pricing
You can sign up & pay at the bottom of this page or pay with cash/check upon arrival or at a club event prior to the event weekend. Pre-registration is recommended, but not required. Registration is limited to 24 attendees, so don’t delay! (Attendance limit does not apply to Saturday Evening pass.)
If you are interested in a Saturday Evening Pass, please visit the monthly dance page instead.
Face Mask & COVID-19 Vaccination (Including Booster) Requirements
You must show proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination to attend. At the door, you will be required to show:
- A COVID-19 vaccination card with your final initial series dose two weeks prior to the date of the dance or earlier. Additionally, you must have received a booster dose if eligible. A legible picture of your vaccination card is acceptable.
- A photo ID to match identity with the vaccination record card.
- At this time, MWCSC is not requiring the latest bivalent “updated” booster, especially since not everyone has had a chance to receive one yet. The board of directors has not yet made a decision on booster requirements going forward. An update will be provided before October 1.
If you cannot produce these, you will not be allowed into the dance. Members who have attended a 2022 dance have their records on file.
Masks may be required at this event, depending on local risk level and public health guidelines. Dane County is bouncing back and forth between CDC risk levels as the factors vary each week, so it is currently difficult to predict far ahead of time what the requirements will be. MWCSC intends to always give at least 24 hours of time between when the CDC updates the risk level (Thursday evenings) and our events — for this workshop weekend, this means that the risk level in effect 2 days prior will be the official policy for the event. Current trends suggest that we will be in a pretty good place and masks will be optional.
Please see MWCSC’s COVID-19 policy for full details on these policies, including when MWCSC will and will not require face masks at events.
Building & Parking Information
- The street entrance to MYArts is on the corner of E. Mifflin Street and N. Ingersoll Street.
- Daytime classes will be in Room 4C and the Saturday evening portions will be in 4D. A club volunteer will be stationed at the front desk in the lobby to check-in and direct dancers.
- On-street parking is free.
- There is a parking garage in the building that costs $2/hr and has interior access to MYArts. Access the garage from N. Ingersoll Street.
- NOTE: Some evenings, particularly in the summer, there are large events (sports and festivals) happening at Breese Stevens Field next to MYArts. Street parking may be difficult, and most parking lots in the area incur higher special-event parking fees. However, the parking garage attached to MYArts does not offer event parking and is still open to MYArts event attendees. There will likely be an attendant at the parking lot entrance turning away Breese Stevens event-goers, but if you tell them you are going to an event in MYArts, they will let you park there.
Volunteering to help check in dancers or to help with clean up at the end of the event is always appreciated! Contact email@example.com for more information or to volunteer! Volunteers receive Swing Bucks to use as discounts at future dances.
If you are not feeling well or have a suspected COVID-19 exposure the day of the event, please stay home and come to dance another day. Should this happen to you, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund.
As we return to social dancing, please be aware that COVID-19 is still a risk, and some in our community are taking extra precautions to take part in social dancing. Please keep the following considerations in mind:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly.
- Please be respectful of others and do not harass or question anyone for their mask choices.
- Please consider wearing a mask if your partner is wearing one.
- Dancers may refuse dances for any reason, including if their partner is not wearing a mask.
- Dancers may elect to only dance with a certain partner or a small “bubble” group.
- Be kind to your dance family. This is a time of transition and everyone is in a different place.
If you are uncomfortable, please find and inform a board member.