Introducing Weeknight Members Social Dances!
Madison West Coast Swing Club is kicking off 2022 with Weeknight Social Dances once a month on Thursdays! If you are not currently a member, join now!
We are excited to be dancing at Madison Youth Arts Center on E. Mifflin Street; see below for location and parking details.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination (Including Booster) & Masks Required
You must show proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination to attend. At the door, you will be required to show:
- A COVID-19 vaccination card with your final initial series dose two weeks prior to the date of the dance or earlier. Additionally, you must have received a booster dose if eligible. A legible picture of your vaccination card is acceptable.
- A photo ID to match identity with the vaccination record card.
If you cannot produce these, you will not be allowed into the dance. Members who have attended a 2022 dance have their records on file.
Masks are required due to current conditions. Please see MWCSC’s COVID-19 policy for full details on these policies, including when MWCSC will and will not require face masks at events.
Registration & Pricing
This dance is limited to 35 people to prevent overcrowding.
- Members: $6 plus applicable fees. Register below! Pre-registration is recommended, but not required. Members may additionally purchase a guest pass to bring a non-member friend to a members-only dance. Read the policies surrounding the guest pass program here.
- Sister-club members: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on registering, or have a member friend bring you as a guest.
- Non-members: find a member friend to bring you as a guest, come to one of our Saturday Monthly Dances, or sign up for a membership to be able to attend these events — membership is open to anyone!
All registrants must agree to our COVID-19 waiver and policy when purchasing a ticket.
Event Details & Schedule
Madison Youth Arts Center is a brand new youth community center in downtown Madison. MYArts offers spaces for community programs, including a variety of beautiful dance studios.
- Dates: See the registration section below for scheduled dates.
- 6:50 PM – 7:45 PM – Doors are open for check-in.
- 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM – Social dancing.
Make sure you are checked in to dance by 7:45 PM, as check-in will close at that time.
MWCSC will not be selling water bottles at this event. Please bring your own closed-top water bottle (there is a water filling station).
Building & Parking Information
- The street entrance to MYArts is on the corner of E. Mifflin Street and N. Ingersoll Street.
- Weeknight dances will be in Room 2F. A club volunteer will be stationed at the front desk in the lobby to check-in and direct dancers.
- On-street parking is free.
- There is a parking garage in the building that costs $2/hr and has interior access to MYArts. Access the garage from N. Ingersoll Street.
- The MYArts building has a face mask requirement — please wear your mask as soon as you enter the building.
Volunteering to help check in dancers or to help with clean up at the end of the event is always appreciated! Contact email@example.com for more information or to volunteer!
If you are not feeling well or have a suspected COVID-19 exposure the day of the event, please stay home and come to dance another day. Should this happen to you, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund.
As we return to social dancing, please be aware that COVID-19 is still a risk, and some in our community are taking extra precautions to take part in social dancing. Please keep the following considerations in mind:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly.
- Dancers may refuse dances for any reason.
- Dancers may elect to only dance with a certain partner or a small “bubble” group.
- Be kind to your dance family. This is a time of transition and everyone is in a different place.
If you are uncomfortable, please find and inform a board member.