Weeknight social dances return to The Brink Lounge!
Madison West Coast Swing Club hosts social dances approximately twice per month on weeknights — there will regularly be a dance on the 4th Wednesday of the month, some 5th Wednesdays, and occasional Thursdays. Dance admission includes a 30-minute drop-in lesson prior to the dance, open to anyone with at least some basic West Coast Swing experience. Following the lesson is a 2-hour social dance.
Event Location, Dates, & Schedule
The Brink Lounge is an atmospheric bar and event venue that hosts dance groups several nights of the week. Drinks, and sometimes food, are available for purchase.
There are two dance floors at The Brink Lounge — the MWCSC event will typically be in the “front” room, right next to the bar, but occasionally it may be in the “back” room, which is past the bar and through the glass doors. Look for signs or ask someone if you are not sure where to go.
- Dates: See the registration section below or our calendar for scheduled dates. There will regularly be a dance on 4th Wednesdays of the month, some 5th Wednesdays, and occasional Thursdays.
- 6:30 PM – 7:00 PM — Drop-in lesson with club instructors – if you’ve learned at least a few of the basics, join us for a short class to learn something new and improve your dance skills.
- 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM — Social dancing!
Make sure you are checked in to dance by 7:45 PM, as check-in will close at that time.
Registration & Pricing
You can sign up & pay at the bottom of this page using a credit card, or pay with cash/check upon arrival. Pre-registration is recommended, but not required.
- Members and sister-club members: $5 plus applicable fees.
- Non-Members: $7 plus applicable fees.
- NEW, for the remainder of 2022: any non-member signing up for a new membership upon arrival will gain free entry to that night’s dance! (excludes prior members whose memberships have lapsed in 2022.)
All registrants must agree to our COVID-19 waiver and policy when purchasing a ticket.
Building & Parking Information
- The street entrance to The Brink Lounge is on S. Blount Street, in the back parking lot. Go inside and down the stairs.
- Limited free parking is available in the lot directly next to the building, as well as in the lot across Blount St.
- On-street parking is free.
Face Mask & COVID-19 Vaccination (Including Booster) Requirements
You must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (plus a booster) to attend. At the door, you will be required to show:
- A COVID-19 vaccination card with your final initial series dose two weeks prior to the date of the dance or earlier. Additionally, you must have received a booster dose if eligible. A legible picture of your vaccination card is acceptable.
- A photo ID to match identity with the vaccination record card.
If you cannot produce these, you will not be allowed into the dance. Members who have attended a 2022 dance have their records on file.
Masks may be required at dances, depending on local risk level and public health guidelines. Please check the individual event’s information below for up-to-date requirements for that event. Dane County is bouncing back and forth between CDC risk levels as the factors vary each week, so it is currently difficult to predict far ahead of time what the requirements will be. MWCSC intends to always give at least 24 hours of time between when the CDC updates the risk level (Thursday evenings) and our events — for weeknight dances, this means that the risk level in effect 6-7 days prior to the dance will be the official policy for the event.
Please see MWCSC’s COVID-19 policy for full details on these policies, including when MWCSC will and will not require face masks at events.
If you are not feeling well or have a suspected COVID-19 exposure the day of the event, please stay home and come to dance another day. Should this happen to you, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund. MWCSC will not admit anyone to a dance who appears to be ill.
As we return to social dancing, please be aware that COVID-19 is still a risk, and some in our community are taking extra precautions to take part in social dancing. Please keep the following considerations in mind:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly.
- Please be respectful of others and do not harass or question anyone for their mask choices.
- Please consider wearing a mask if your partner is wearing one.
- Dancers may refuse dances for any reason, including if their partner is not wearing a mask.
- Dancers may elect to only dance with a certain partner or a small “bubble” group.
- Be kind to your dance family. This is a time of transition and everyone is in a different place.
If you are uncomfortable, please find and inform a board member.
Volunteering to help check in dancers or to help with clean up at the end of the event is always appreciated! Contact email@example.com for more information or to volunteer! Volunteers receive Swing Bucks to use as discounts at future dances.