It’s time to “get back into the swing of things”! Madison West Coast Swing Club is excited to feature a beginner lesson before our November dance. We can’t wait to see you for social dancing on Saturday, November 13th at the beautiful Moving to the Music dance studio on Madison’s east side.
The MWCSC board of directors is monitoring the local COVID-19 cases and will update future events accordingly.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Required
You must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to attend. At the door, you will be required to show:
- A COVID-19 vaccination card with your final dose on 10/30 or earlier. A legible picture of your vaccination card is acceptable.
- A photo ID to match identity with the vaccination record card.
If you cannot produce these, you will not be allowed into the dance. Members who have attended one of the previous dances this year will have their vaccination on file.
Masks are required to be worn in addition to vaccination, in accordance with the public health order in Dane County.
Until further notice, we are not making exceptions for “natural immunity” nor for individuals who cannot get vaccinated. MWCSC will reevaluate this restriction as public health recommendations are updated, and we look forward to when everyone can come dance with us again.
Please see MWCSC’s COVID-19 policy for full details.
Registration & Pricing
Registration is limited to 50 people, plus the MWCSC board of directors, to prevent overcrowding. Sign up at the bottom of this page when your registration window is open. You must register early by 11/13 at noon; there will be no walk-in registrations or ticket sales.
- Members: $10.61. Register below starting 10/30. You must sign in below to purchase a ticket at this price. If you are a member (or had recently expired as of March 2020), you should have already received an email about how to set up your new membership account. Please check your spam folder or email email@example.com if you did not receive it or are having troubles.
- Non-Members: $15.76. Register below starting 11/6 (no sign-in required).
- Sister-club members: Register starting 11/6. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with information on which sister club you are a member of, in order to set up a special pricing code.
- Students must now apply for a student membership to get the member price and registration window. This is the policy for all MWCSC events going forward, unless otherwise stated.
All registrants must agree to our COVID-19 waiver and policy when purchasing a ticket.
Event details & schedule
Moving to the Music is a brand new and beautiful dance studio on Madison’s far east side. The dance floor is large and a new HVAC system was just installed! All attendees must wear clean, dry, non-marking shoes, or at least socks — street shoes and bare feet are not allowed.
- 6:30 PM – Doors open. Come early to ensure you can get checked in on time.
- 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM – Lesson with Sayeed Ahmed and Sarah Wynn.
- 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM – Social dancing with tunes by DJ Matt Garrison.
Make sure you are checked in to dance by 8:30 PM, as doors will close at that time.
MWCSC will not be selling water bottles at this event. Please bring your own closed-top water bottle (there is a water filling station).
Volunteering to help check in dancers or to help with clean up at the end of the event is always appreciated! Contact email@example.com for more information or to volunteer!
If you are not feeling well the day of the event, please stay home and come to dance another day. Should this happen to you, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund.
As we return to social dancing, please be aware that COVID-19 is still a risk, and some in our community are taking extra precautions to take part in social dancing. Please keep the following considerations in mind:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly.
- Dancers are required to wear masks at this social dance.
- Dancers may refuse dances for any reason.
- Dancers may elect to only dance with a certain partner or a small “bubble” group.
- Be kind to your dance family. This is a time of transition and everyone is in a different place.
If you are uncomfortable, please find and inform a board member.