Please note: this event is now SOLD OUT!
It’s time to get back into the “Swing of Things”! The Madison West Coast Swing Club is excited to announce its first dance in over a year. We can’t wait to see you for a lesson and social dancing on Saturday, July 24th at the beautiful Moving to the Music dance studio on Madison’s east side.
Registration opens 7/10 for members, and 7/17 for non-members.
Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination Required
You must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to attend. At the door, you will be required to show:
- A COVID-19 vaccination card with your final dose on 7/10 or earlier. A legible picture of your vaccination card is acceptable.
- A photo ID to match identity with the vaccination record card.
If you cannot produce these, you will not be allowed into the dance.
Since everyone at the event will be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, face masks are not required at this event. You may wear one if you choose.
Until further notice, we are not making exceptions for “natural immunity” nor for individuals who cannot get vaccinated. MWCSC will reevaluate this restriction as public health recommendations are updated, and we look forward to when everyone can come dance with us again.
Please see MWCSC’s COVID-19 policy for full details.
Registration & Pricing
Registration is limited to 50 people, plus the MWCSC board of directors, to prevent overcrowding. Sign up at the bottom of this page when your registration window is open. You must register early by 7/24 at noon; there will be no walk-in registrations or ticket sales.
- Members: $10.59. Register below starting 7/10. You must sign in below to purchase a ticket at this price. If you are a member (or had recently expired as of March 2020), you should have already received an email about how to set up your new membership account. Please check your spam folder or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive it or are having troubles.
- Non-Members: $15.76. Register below starting 7/17 (no sign-in required).
- Sister-club members: Register starting 7/17. Please contact email@example.com with information on which sister club you are a member of, in order to set up a special pricing code.
- Students must now apply for a student membership to get the member price and registration window. This is the policy for all MWCSC events going forward, unless otherwise stated.
All registrants must agree to our COVID-19 waiver and policy when purchasing a ticket.
Event details & schedule
Moving to the Music is a brand new and beautiful dance studio on Madison’s far east side. The dance floor is large and a new HVAC system was just installed! All attendees must wear clean, dry, non-marking shoes, or at least socks — street shoes and bare feet are not allowed.
- 6:30 PM – Doors open. Come early to ensure you can get checked in on time.
- 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM – Lesson with Pete Koczanadon and Sayeed Ahmed. This lesson is geared as a refresher for people with WCS experience. No latecomers will be admitted to the lesson after 7:15 PM.
- 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM – Social dancing with tunes by DJ Matt Garrison.
Make sure you are checked in to dance by 8:30 PM, as doors will close at that time.
MWCSC will not be selling water bottles at this event. Please bring your own closed-top water bottle (there is a water filling station).
Volunteering to help check in dancers or to help with clean up at the end of the event is always appreciated! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to volunteer!
If you are not feeling well the day of the event, please stay home and come to dance another day. Should this happen to you, contact email@example.com for a refund.
As we return to social dancing, please be aware that COVID-19 is still a risk, and some in our community are taking extra precautions to take part in social dancing. Please keep the following considerations in mind:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly.
- Dancers are allowed to wear masks at our social dances.
- Do not harass or question dancers about their mask choices.
- Dancers may ask you to wear a mask.
- Dancers may refuse dances for any reason.
- Dancers may elect to only dance with a certain partner or a small “bubble” group.
- Be kind to your dance family. This is a time of transition and everyone is in a different place.
If you are uncomfortable, please find and inform a board member.