Madison West Coast Swing Club hosts a Saturday evening social dance with lesson(s) once per month, typically on the second Saturday of the month. Dance admission includes a 60-minute lesson prior to the dance, with multiple options for beginners and those with experience. Following the lesson is a 2-hour social dance.
Here’s our lineup for upcoming intermediate lesson instructors:
- Saturday, 2/11/23: TBA
- Saturday, 3/11/23: Mike Konkel & Sheli Schroeder
- Saturday, 4/8/23: TBA
- Saturday, 5/13/23: TBA
- Saturday, 6/10/23: TBA
Most monthly dances will also have a beginner “crash course” lesson with a club instructor at the same time. See individual event info in the registration section below for full details.
Event Location, Dates, & Schedule
Madison Youth Arts Center is a brand new youth community center in downtown Madison. MYArts offers spaces for community programs, including a variety of beautiful dance studios.
- Dates: See the registration section below for scheduled dates.
- 6:50 PM — Doors open for check-in.
- 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM — Dance lesson (see specific event information for instructor and level).
- 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM — Social dancing.
Make sure you are checked in to dance by 8:45 PM, as check-in will close at that time.
MWCSC will not be selling water bottles at this event. Please bring your own closed-top water bottle (there is a water filling station).
Registration & Pricing
You can sign up & pay at the bottom of this page or pay with cash/check upon arrival. Pre-registration is recommended, but not required.
- Members: $12 plus applicable fees. Register below starting 2 weeks prior to the event date. You must sign in below to purchase a ticket at this price.
- Non-Members: $18 plus applicable fees. Register below starting 1 week prior to the event date (no sign-in required) at approximately 12:00 noon. Membership is open to anyone, so sign up for a membership to get instant access to member pricing!
- Sister-club members: Register starting 1 week prior to the event date (no sign-in required) at approximately 12:00 noon. Please contact email@example.com with information on which sister club you are a member of, in order to set up a special pricing code.
All registrants must agree to our COVID-19 waiver and policy when purchasing a ticket.
Building & Parking Information
- The street entrance to MYArts is on the corner of E. Mifflin Street and N. Ingersoll Street.
- Monthly dances (intermediate lesson & social dance) will be in Room 4D, and the beginner lesson will be in the adjacent room 4C. A club volunteer will be stationed at the front desk in the lobby to check-in and direct dancers.
- On-street parking is free.
- There is a parking garage in the building that costs $2/hr and has interior access to MYArts. Access the garage from N. Ingersoll Street.
- NOTE: Some evenings, particularly in the summer, there are large events (sports and festivals) happening at Breese Stevens Field next to MYArts. Street parking may be difficult, and most parking lots in the area incur higher special-event parking fees. However, the parking garage attached to MYArts does not offer event parking and is still open to MYArts event attendees. There will likely be an attendant at the parking lot entrance turning away Breese Stevens event-goers, but if you tell them you are going to an event in MYArts, they will let you park there.
Face Mask & COVID-19 Vaccination (Including Booster) Requirements
You must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination (plus a booster) to attend. At the door, you will be required to show:
- A COVID-19 vaccination card with your final initial series dose two weeks prior to the date of the dance or earlier. Additionally, you must have received a booster dose if eligible. A legible picture of your vaccination card is acceptable.
- A photo ID to match identity with the vaccination record card.
If you cannot produce these, you will not be allowed into the dance. Members who have attended a 2022-2023 dance have their records on file.
Masks may be required at dances, depending on local risk level and public health guidelines. Please check the individual event’s information below for up-to-date requirements for that event. Dane County sometimes bounces back and forth between CDC risk levels as the factors vary each week, so it can be difficult to predict far ahead of time what the requirements will be. MWCSC intends to always give at least 24 hours of time between when the CDC updates the risk level (Thursday evenings) and our events — for monthly dances, this means that the risk level in effect just 1-2 days prior to the dance will be the official policy for the event.
Please see MWCSC’s COVID-19 policy for full details on these policies, including when MWCSC will and will not require face masks at events.
If you are not feeling well or have a suspected COVID-19 exposure the day of the event, please stay home and come to dance another day. Should this happen to you, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a refund.
As we return to social dancing, please be aware that COVID-19 is still a risk, and some in our community are taking extra precautions to take part in social dancing. Please keep the following considerations in mind:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer regularly.
- Please be respectful of others and do not harass or question anyone for their mask choices.
- Please consider wearing a mask if your partner is wearing one.
- Dancers may refuse dances for any reason, including if their partner is not wearing a mask.
- Dancers may elect to only dance with a certain partner or a small “bubble” group.
- Be kind to your dance family. This is a time of transition and everyone is in a different place.
If you are uncomfortable, please find and inform a board member.
Volunteering to help check in dancers or to help with clean up at the end of the event is always appreciated! Contact email@example.com for more information or to volunteer! Volunteers receive Swing Bucks to use as discounts at future dances.