Madison West Coast Swing Club hosts a Saturday evening social dance with lesson(s) once per month, typically on the second Saturday of the month. Dance admission includes a 60-minute lesson prior to the dance, with multiple options for beginners and those with experience. Following the lesson is a 2.5-hour social dance.
Here’s our lineup for upcoming intermediate lesson instructors:
- Saturday, 10/14/23: Eric Byers & Pauline Charbogne (as part of our larger workshop weekend)
- Saturday, 11/18/23 (third Saturday): Amanda Derus
- Saturday, 12/9/23: Mike Konkel & Sheli Schroeder
Most monthly dances will also have a beginner “crash course” lesson with a club instructor at the same time. See individual event info in the registration section below to verify and to see further details.
Event Location, Dates, & Schedule
Madison Youth Arts Center is a new youth community center in downtown Madison. MYArts offers spaces for community programs, including a variety of beautiful dance studios.
- Dates: See the registration section below for scheduled dates.
- 6:50 PM — Doors open for check-in.
- 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM — Dance lesson (see specific event information for instructor and level).
- 8:00 PM – 10:30 PM — Social dancing.
Make sure you are checked in to dance by 8:45 PM, as check-in will close at that time.
MWCSC no longer sells water bottles at monthly dances. Please bring your own closed-top water bottle (there is a water filling station) or use the drinking fountain.
Registration & Pricing
You can register & pay at the bottom of this page using a credit card, or pay with cash/check upon arrival. Pre-registration is recommended for faster check-in.
- Members and sister-club members: $12 plus applicable fees.
- Non-Members: $18 plus applicable fees. Membership is open to anyone, so sign up for a membership to get instant access to member pricing!
All registrants must agree to our event liability waiver when purchasing a ticket.
Building & Parking Information
- The street entrance to MYArts is on the corner of E. Mifflin Street and N. Ingersoll Street.
- Monthly dances (intermediate lesson & social dance) will be in Room 4D, and the beginner lesson will be in the adjacent room 4C. A club volunteer will be stationed at the front desk in the lobby to check-in and direct dancers.
- On-street parking is free.
- There is a parking garage in the building that costs $2/hr and has interior access to MYArts. Access the garage from N. Ingersoll Street.
- For those taking public transit, MYArts is served by Madison Metro routes A, B, & D. Route C is a little further but within walking distance.
- NOTE: Some evenings, particularly in the summer, there are large events (sports and festivals) happening at Breese Stevens Field next to MYArts. Street parking may be difficult, and most parking lots in the area incur higher special-event parking fees. However, the parking garage attached to MYArts does not offer event parking and is still open to MYArts event attendees. There will likely be an attendant at the parking lot entrance turning away Breese Stevens event-goers, but if you tell them you are going to an event in MYArts, they will let you park there.
If you are not feeling well or have a suspected COVID-19 exposure the day of the event, please stay home and come to dance another day. Should this happen to you, contact email@example.com for a refund.
Volunteering to help check in dancers or to help with clean up at the end of the event is always appreciated! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to volunteer! Volunteers receive Swing Bucks to use as discounts at future dances.