To encourage members to branch out in their dancing and try competing, the Madison West Coast Swing Club offers a reimbursement to first-time Jack and Jill competitors.
The purpose of this policy is to define eligibility for members, acceptable events, and the process to follow to allow members to get reimbursed in Swing Bucks for competing in their first Jack and Jill.
Members of the Madison West Coast Swing Club who compete for the first time in an eligible West Coast Swing event may have their Jack and Jill entry fees reimbursed by Swing Bucks (see volunteer rewards policy) at the early-bird rate. If a member registers for an eligible competition at the late rate, the reimbursement will be for the early-bird pricing.
Only Jack and Jill competitions are eligible for reimbursement. Other event fees and competition fees (such as Strictly Swing) are not eligible for reimbursement.
To be eligible for reimbursement:
- The competitor must be a current member of the Madison West Coast Swing Club.
- The event must be sanctioned by the World Swing Dance Council (WSDC).
- The competitor must have never competed in a WSDC-sanctioned West Coast Swing Jack & Jill competition prior to the event.
- The competitor must not scratch their entry or be otherwise disqualified prior to the competition.
- The competitor should be able to provide evidence of having competed, such as a results sheet, photo/video, or a witness vouching on their behalf.
Up to a month after the event, the member must contact a board member to arrange reimbursement. The board member or a suitable delegate will verify the rate and eligibility, and (if eligible) will give the Swing Bucks to the member.
Last updated by the MWCSC board: 3/31/2019